What Is A Home Inspection?
A home inspection is a visual, noninvasive inspection of a home's structure and components to find defects, items not performing correctly or any safety issues present. The key components inspected include, but, are not limited to:
- Heating and Air Conditioning Systems (HVAC)- Type of system, Operation and Response to Controls, Visual Appearance, Age, Manufacturer, Posted Records of Service and more.
- Structural Framing - Visible floor, roof, and wall framing.
- The Electrical System- Main service panel, Branch wiring (receptacles, switches, lighting fixtures, electrical cables), Grounding system, Wiring type and visible connections, Service Type, Overhead Service Entrance Condition, Meter Condition
- Basement and/or Crawlspace- Signs of Moisture Intrusion, Condition of Foundation, Visual Evidence of Mold or Wood Destroying Insects, Vapor Barriers, Safe Egress, Access Condition,
- Windows and Doors- Visual Appearance, Normal Operation, Thermal Seals In Insulated Glass, Signs of Moisture or Air Leakage, Hardware.
- The Foundation - Type Of Construction, Visual Appearance, Signs of Cracking, Movement, Settling, Static Pressure Bowing, Moisture Intrusion, and Other Evidences of Failure or Defect.
- Roof Coverings and Drainage System - Type of Material, General Condition, Granule Condition, Bonding of Shingles, Fastener Condition, Cracking/Splitting/Damage, Hail Damage, Storm Damage, Improper Installation, Evidence Of Leaking Gutters or Downspouts, Proper Downspout Discharge, Flashings, Roof Penetrations
- Exterior Walkways and Driveway - Type of Material, General Condition, Cracks/Damage, Settling/Heaving, Deterioration
- Attic- Roof Framing, Insulation Depth and Condition, Attic Ventilation, Electrical Wiring, Roof Decking, Moisture Intrusion, Animal and Insect Intrusion/Nesting, Misc. Defects, Access Limitations
- General Interior- General Condition of Walls, Ceilings, Floors, Trim Work, Stairways, Fireplaces, Safety Hazards, Moisture Intrusion, Insect Damage
- Plumbing System - Main Water Supply Piping and Shut Off, Material Type, General Condition, Evidence Of Leaking Connections and Fittings/Valves, Under Sink Plumbing, Drainage Piping, Insulation In Unheated Spaces, Water Heaters
- General Exterior -Exterior Wall Coverings, Exterior Trim Work, Flashings, Window and Door Exteriors, Decks, Patios, Porches, Exterior Grading Near the Foundation, Visible Exterior Foundation Condition, Damp/water Proofing Materials, Evidence Of Settling or Heaving, Exterior Faucets and Electrical, Detached Garages.
We follow InterNACHI Standards of Practice. Click link here to view.
White's Home Inspection
3122 SR 135 N
Nashville, IN 47448
Tel. (317) 420-1222